A few days ago, Mark Kashman – Microsoft published a great post here about the various migration tools and services from Micrsofot and 3rd party migration partners along with a infographic poster
This is collectively the broadest set of offerings to assist your migration into Microsoft 365 – from assessment, to planning and onboarding.
- Migration Manager – simplify file share migrations
- Mover – migrate from 3rd-party cloud providers
- SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) – accelerate on-premises migrations of SharePoint
- Microsoft 365 FastTrack – helping organizations plan, migrate, and adopt
- Diverse migration partner ecosystem – offering a wide variety of migration tools and services
Migration Manager is now generally available. It is a key part of the SharePoint admin center, to help orchestrate and simplify management of file share migrations. Admins can add and manage multiple migration agents to centrally orchestrate all migration activities.
Mover supports cloud-to-cloud migration from Amazon, Box, Dropbox, Egnyte, and Google– into OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams. This enables seamless file collaboration across Microsoft 365 apps and services, including the Office apps and Microsoft Teams.
The SharePoint Migration Tool, (SPMT) is a simple and fast solution to help you migrate content from on-premises SharePoint Server sites and file shares to SharePoint, OneDrive, and now Microsoft Teams in Microsoft 365. It is designed to help you bring your information to the cloud and take advantage of the latest collaboration, intelligence, and security solutions within Microsoft 365.
Learn more about what features the SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) supports.
FastTrack for Microsoft 365 helps organizations accelerate deployment, migration, and adoption of their Microsoft 365 subscriptions at no additional cost.
FastTrack provides guidance to enable OneDrive, SharePoint, and the source environment for migration. Depending on the source, we may perform various Enable steps. We help you with some activities by using a combination of tools, documentation, and guidance, and by performing configuration tasks where applicable and feasible.
Learn more about FastTrack for Microsoft 365 and their data migration services to get the most from your Microsoft 365 investment. FastTrack on Twitter.
Regardless of your organization’s size, data scale or information complexity, you can migrate documents and sites into OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams in Microsoft 365 successfully.
On-demand webinar | “Free and easy migration to Microsoft 365” presented by Microsoft migration experts, Hani Loza and Eric Warnke:
- Migration Manager
- Mover migration planning guides
- “Move with Mover migration” – The Intrazone podcast episode discussion with the migration engineering leads, Hani Loza and Eric Warnke
- SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT)
- SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT)
- FastTrack for Microsoft 365