As posted in my earlier post “SharePoint 2010 workflow retirement“, this is a reminder!
As communicated in MC217999 (July ’20), with the continued investment in Power Automate as the universal solution to workflow, Microsoft is retiring SharePoint 2010 workflows.
A retirement announcement banner has been introduced on multiple workflow pages:
- “Starting November 1, 2020 6:00:00 AM, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be retired and users will no longer have the ability to run or create 2010 Workflows.
The date displayed in the banner applies to your specific organization. For general dates and information about retirement, visit https://aka.ms/sp-workflows-support
- Starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for any newly created tenants.
- Starting November 1st, 2020, Microsoft will remove the ability to run, or create, and or execute SharePoint 2010 workflows from existing tenants.
- Your Action: Review and assess impact!
[How this will affect your organization]
If your organization still uses SharePoint 2010 workflows, they will no longer function after November 1st, 2020. SharePoint 2013 workflows will remain supported, although turned off by default for new tenants starting November 1st, 2020. We recommend customers to move to Power Automate or other supported solutions.
[What you can do to prepare]
You will want to notify your users, workflow developers and site owners. Update your user training and prepare your help desk.
- Use the SharePoint Modernization Scanner tool to scan your tenants for legacy workflow usage.
- Review the guidance for migrating from classic workflows to Power Automate flows.
- Review the Power Automate resources as a solution to legacy workflows.
You can also use the following services and partner programs to help with your migration from SharePoint 2010 workflows:
- Detailed support article with additional resources.
- Friendly link to the blog post: https://aka.ms/sp-workflows-update
- Friendly link to this article: https://aka.ms/sp-workflows-support
- Friendly link to Migration Guidance: https://aka.ms/sp-workflows-guidance
- A Message Center post in the Microsoft 365 admin center is being sent to all tenants, and the post will be updated periodically with timelines. To view the messgae center post, Sign in to the Office 365 Admin center.