With COVID-19 continuing to impact people and countries around the world, employees everywhere are moving to remote work.
Microsoft now posted several blogs on how customer will be supported during these critical days.
Please read “Our commitment to customers during COVID-19” with a link to a letter from Lily Zheng, Shanghai, detailing her team’s experience using Microsoft Teams to work from home during the outbreak.
Making Teams available for everyone!
Microsoft is committed to Help organizations stay productive and schools stay engaged with remote work in Microsoft Teams:
- See this post with more details on offers and how They’ll help customers maintain continuity throughout COVID-19.
- If you aren’t licensed for Teams, use the new Office 365 E1 offer or Education A1 and A5 offers to get them started.
- Ensure your organization is fully deployed to all users using the Teams Checklist and engaging with FastTrack!
- If you have an email address through work or school, sign in using this link to get on speed.
- If you’re using an email address like Gmail or Outlook, you can sign up for the freemium version of Teams by following this link.
- If you work for a business that isn’t currently licensed for Teams, we’ve got you covered with a free Office 365 E1 offer for six months. Contact your Microsoft partner or sales representative to get started today.
- If you work in education and want to set up teachers, students, and administrators on Teams, use Office 365 A1. This free version of Office 365 is available to all educational institutions. Sign up by following this link.
How Microsoft did it
Please read also this great post about the “The top 9 ways Microsoft IT is enabling remote work for its employees“
Read about some of the top ways enabling remote work at Microsoft and learn how to best achive he ability for every employee working remotely.
Related Links and resources:
- Support remote workers using Microsoft Teams
- Remote learning with Office 365: Guidance for parents and guardians
- How to roll out Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams Training
- Practical Guidance for large organizations:
- 4 Tips for working from home with Microsoft Teams
- EDU COVID-19 Guidance: