from the early experiences with the SharePoint 2010 beta and RTM, I’ll post here a list of articles, links and resources all around SPS 2010 from the beginning 😉 Have fun!
Table of Content (TOC) on SharePoint 2010 Beta and RTM resource guides
– Preliminary Setup requirements
– SharePoint 2010 Pre-Install Download Links
– Install and Setup Notes (Public Beta)
– Install SPS2010 on Server 2008 R2 and SQL2008 R2
– Roles and Services
– Migration and Upgrade (from MOSS to 2010)
– Backup and Restore
– User Profile sync (For 2010 Beta!)
– User Profile Sync Service (SPS 2010 RTM)
– Troubleshooting User Profile…
currently inactive links will become valid soon! So please be patient until the content is uploaded and linked to this table.
Most of the descriptions are applying to RTM versions as well!
😉 thx, Steve
Before you’ll dive into the 2010 beta world, here is a brief overview of the new features and functions in our next generation of SharePoint (Wave 14).
from the official blog of the Microsoft SharePoint Product Group:
- Describing SharePoint 2010 in 1 Sentence, 8 Categories and 40 Feature Areas
- New Features in SharePoint 2010
General information about SharePoint 2010:
- SharePoint 2010 – learn more
- General information about SharePoint 2010
- Resources for Developers on MSDN
- Resources for IT Pros on TechNet
- Have a SharePoint 2010 question? Ask it in the SharePoint 2010 forums
- SharePoint Server 2010 Tech Center
- SharePoint Foundation Tech Center
- SharePoint 2010 on Twitter
SharePoint 2010 virtual machines for evaluation and testing purposes:
Latest news on SharePoint Foundation 2010 (WSS 4.0) and SharePoint Server 2010
Beta Product Key:
The key you can use is:
Any one of the two should work.
Please note there’s no technical difference between SharePoint Server 2010 + Enterprise CAL and SharePoint Server for Internet Sites Enterprise. It is only about licensing.
WSS v4 (SharePoint Foundation 2010 Beta):
SharePoint Foundation 2010 Beta (download)
Previous postings related:
Now its official! SharePoint 2010 and the new features!
Stay tuned 😉
Steve Chen, from daily business @ SharePoint Support
One thought on “SharePoint 2010 – Resource guide”