The October cumulative Update packages (former known as “Uber package”, now called “Full Server” package) are now available.
Download and installation instruction:
- Install SP2 for WSS and MOSS and also the Service Packs for the Language Packs as applicable or not done so far.
- Install the full server package for KB 974989 – WSS v3 (Oct. CU 2009)
- Install the full server package for KB 974988 – MOSS (Oct. CU 2009)
Important notes about the cumulative update package
- The hotfixes are now multilingual. Therefore, there is only one cumulative hotfix package for all languages.
- One cumulative hotfix package includes all the server component packages. The cumulative update package updates only those components that are installed on the system.
- The cumulative packages are based on the last Service pack prior published.
It is not recommended to install the packages on an earlier Service pack as the latest provided.
It is always recommended to test first the updates in a test environment before applying it to productive systems! Otherwise ensure that you have a full, valid backup of your farm/servers!
(Please check also the Official SharePoint Team blog for more info’s)
Additional Information on support lifecycle:
Support for SharePoint Server 2007 RTM (Service Pack 0) ended on January 13th of this year.
Support to customers submitting issues that have not upgraded to Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 are not provided anymore.
Support services to help these customers upgrade to the latest service pack and then reevaluate their issue at this point is still provided.
More information regarding service packs you’ll find on Microsoft’s Support Lifecycle policy.
Information on the end of support for SharePoint Server 2007 RTM/SP0 can be found here.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
greets, Steve Chen