This Month CU has been released with a full server packages, a.k.a. “Uber Packages”
This CU contains all previous CU’s (and security fixes) since last published Service Pack but does not contain the Service Pack itself!
All Updates for SharePoint 2013 requires SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 as mandatory baseline for all following CU’s!
If you are on a lower build than July 2015 CU: See this Blog for more details.
For servers that include search components, please follow specific steps to ensure that you install the Updates correctly.
Please find here important advise on how to do that:
How to install update packages on a SharePoint farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Based on the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been now divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file (identified as i.e. ubersrv2013kbxxxxxfullfilex64glb), while the other contains the .CAB file (identified as i.e. ubersrv1,…2 etc.). All of them are necessary and must be extracted to the same folder to successfully install the update. All of them are available by clicking the Download link in the KB article for the release.
As usual, you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm after installing the packages.
- The SharePoint Server pack (Uber) contains the Foundation packs, so you basically only need to install one Package.
- The Project Server Packs containing both, so if you install this one, no need for the other two to install additional
SharePoint 2013 Updates
Build Number: 15.0.4833.1000 (may vary due to individual components)
KB 3115171 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU (Uber)
KB 3115174 – SharePoint Server 2013 CU (Uber)
KB 3115172 – SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server CU
KB 3115170 – Office Web Apps Server 2013
(Note: Office Web Apps Server 2013 fixes can be released in a different cadence to SharePoint)
SharePoint related security fixes:
MS16-070 (KB Articles: KB3115170)
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update center for Office, Office servers, and related products
- Software updates overview for SharePoint 2013
- Project 2013 and Project Server 2013: Language Packs
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- SharePoint Server 2013 July CU
- SharePoint Server 2013 SP1
- What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- “The expected version of the product was not found on the system”
- SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
Other SharePoint Builds and version tables: