Starting with the July 2014 CU, the release cycle is now every month rather than the Bi-monthly cycle.
All Updates for SharePoint 2013 requires either the March 2013 PU or SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 as mandatory baseline for all following CU’s !
You must install these updates on RTM Farms before you can install subsequent cumulative updates in the future!
For servers that include search components, you have to follow specific steps to ensure that you install the PU correctly.
Please find here important advise on how to do that:
How to install update packages on a SharePoint farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
Please note the following change for new releases. Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Based on the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been now divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file (identified as i´.e. ubersrv2013kbxxxxxfullfilex64glb), while the other contains the .CAB file (identified as i.e. ubersrv1,…2 etc.). All of them are necessary and must be extracted to the same folder to successfully install the update. All of them are available by clicking the Download link in the KB article for the release.
As usual, you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm after installing the packages.
- The SharePoint Server pack (Uber) contains the Foundation packs, so you basically only need to install one Package.
- The Project Server Packs containing both, so if you install this one, no need for the other two to install additional
SharePoint 2013 Updates
In this release, there is NO SERVER or UBER packages! Only individual components will be available yet. If you are on a patch level older than July 2014 CU – you need to install the July CU before you install the individual fixes!
So you're best to go with SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 and then July 2014 CU
This CU does NOT(!) include all SharePoint 2013 fixes previously released and also does not include the SP1!
Build Number: 15.0.4641.1001 (may vary due to individual components)
KB 2883081– SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU
KB 2883083– SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server June 2014 CU
KB 2883093– Office Web Apps Server 2013 August 2014 CU (Note: Office Web Apps Server 2013 fixes will be released in different cadence to SharePoint in future)
Due to no Server/Uber packs this time, consider, that for SharePoint Server you have to install the SharePoint Foundation fixes as well! Same for Project Server where you have to install the SharePoint Foundation and the SharePoint Server fixes.
Security Update August 2014:
– find some related info on my colleague's Post here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joerg_sinemus/archive/2014/08/13/sharepoint-2013-august-2014-cu.aspx
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update center for Office, Office servers, and related products
- Software updates overview for SharePoint 2013
- Project 2013 and Project Server 2013: Language Packs
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- SharePoint Server 2013 July CU
- SharePoint Server 2013 SP1
All previous Updates:
- Build Matrix for SharePoint Server 2013
- Build Matrix for SharePoint Server 2010
- Build Matrix for SharePoint Server 2007 (aka MOSS)