since yesterday night, the new cumulative updates (Uber packages) for WSSv3 and MOSS 2007 are published and available!
Please see here for more info:
(the KB’s might be currently not published but will be soon available as well)
978396 The full server package for WSS
978395 The full server package for MOSS
Here are some Download and installation information:
- Recommended: Perform a full backup of your entire farm and operating systems including SQL server with database backup to be able to roll back in case of errors!
or install the updates first in a test environment 😉
- For your customizations: ensure that you have the files and binaries for all changes, features and solutions in place for recovery on failures!
- Install SP2 for WSS and MOSS SP2 and Language Packs if not yet happened. With the next CU in April 2010 SP2 will be a real mandatory step!
- Install the full server package for WSS http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=978396&kbln=en-us
- Install the full server package for MOSS http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=978395&kbln=en-us
- Start the update on the server that hosts the central admin pages and proceed with every other server in farm.
- Continue with it on each server in your SharePoint farm
After applying the preceding updates, run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard or “psconfig –cmd upgrade –inplace b2b -wait” in command line.
Note! This needs to be done on every server in the farm with SharePoint installed.
More Information you can find here: All about updating WSSv3 and MOSS 2007
A complete set of all published updates until today, you’ll find here: SharePoint Update cube sheet
On the official resource center page for Office, you’ll find also all updates released since last year
Steve Chen, Sr. Support Engineer – GTSC Germany – SharePoint